[linux-dvb] vdr: error while reading '/var/lib/vdr/channels.conf'

Q raid517 at fairadsl.co.uk
Mon Apr 18 17:37:16 CEST 2005

Hi, can anyone help me to get VDR working? I have never been able to get
it to work in the 7 or 8 months (on and off) I have been trying. Every
time I try to launch it I just get an error message saying "vdr: error
while reading '/var/lib/vdr/channels.conf". This is despite the fact
that the channels.conf file I have works fine in Xine. Does anyone have
a channels.conf file for UK-pontopike that it can read - or maybe you
can tell me if there is something else that I am not doing right?

I of course have a fully functioning DVB install via kaffeine. Also I
have made myself a member of the 'vdr group'.

What is going on?

GJ