[linux-dvb] Nexus-S rev 2.3

pnoname pnoname at wanadoo.fr
Tue Apr 19 17:34:12 CEST 2005

hello,

i received my first tv card this week.
I struggled the week to find out the way to make it to work, through
google and finally linux-dvb.
I installed kernel linux-2.6.11 and did a "cvs dvb-kernel"
compiled the stuff and ./insmod load
I have a disecq dish and a switch in between, which is mainly used to
extend length of cable. Everything seems to work fine on windows.

I did a scan which provided channels of hotbird, and then tried szap to
select channel and "cat /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 | mencoder fo lavc and
mplayer. it worked once or twice but most of the time it did not.
I tried to find some ":h:22000" channels but couldn't find those on
hotbird channels list, the one provided by "scan".
I also tried "./check.sh" wich calls dvbtune, but no success.
szap / mplayer doesn't look reliable, and dvbtune doesn't seem to work.

On the box, it says :
LNB input type F, input Frequency 950 to 2150 MHz ; RF input power from
-65 to -25 dBm ; band C & Ku, LNB 14 / 18V / OFF, max 400 mA ; 22KHz
band switch control (DiSEqC 1.0) ; Symbol Rate from 1 to 45 MS/s

I can provide pictures upon request...

Wish you the best dudes :)