[linux-dvb] Poor Tuning quality with kernel 2.6.11x

Jon Fairbairn jonf.dvb at mailnull.com
Fri Apr 22 12:42:23 CEST 2005

On 2005-04-22 at 07:46BST Q wrote:
> Hi I have tried various kernels from 2.10.5. to 2.11.7 and I am afraid
> to say that tuning quality really seems to have deteriorated
> significaltly since the 2.6.8x kernels with my WinTV Nova-T card.

Which Nova-T? I have a Nova-T 900 (IIRC) and a 2.6.11 (I
assume that's what you are talking about -- 2.10 is a way
off, I think :-), and no tuning problems.

> The signal quality is so bad in some instances that I can no longer
> watch several of my most favorite channels.
> The card worked perfectly with the 2.6.7x and 2.6.8x kernels.
> Nothing about my setup - except a kernel change - has
> changed since then.

Have you checked that the older kernels still work? There's
always the possibility that an albatross bent your aerial at
the same time you changed the kernel.
Jón Fairbairn                              Jon.Fairbairn at cl.cam.ac.uk