[linux-dvb] Re: Fusion HDTV 5

David Engel gigem at comcast.net
Tue Aug 16 05:57:56 CEST 2005

On Mon, Aug 15, 2005 at 03:34:14PM -0700, Alan Fry wrote:

Did you really intend to send HTML email?

> Hi David, I'm just trying to understand where you got to with testing.<br>
> 1.&nbsp; you run atscscan -A2 (neighbor's cable plugged in)<br>
> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; a) using&nbsp; frequency list with QAM64:&nbsp; output 155 services on 18
> frequencies <br>

I wrote that from memory.  It was actually 290 services on 18
frequencies for QAM64 and 25 services on 10 frequencies for QAM64.

> &nbsp; all identified with '[xxxx]' where xxxx is the same as the digits
> following the audio pid<br>

> 2.&nbsp; you tried azap using video and audio pids both set to zero and the
> frequencies/modulations<br>
> output from (1)?<br>

For QAM64, the video pids were always 0.  The ausio pids generally
ranged from 1 to e with an occasional fffc.  The results were the same
for QAM256, except 7 video pids were non-0.  I can't say for sure if I
actually tried to tune the non-0 QAM256 channels.  I was already
running late by the time I tried QAM256 that I didn't try much.

> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; - you could not get FE_HAS_LOCK?<br>
> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; My understanding is that AZAP should lock whether or not you have
> an encrypted stream.<br>

No, I could get FR_HAS_LOCK.  However, the signal was always 0000 and
any attempts to actually capture anything resulted in a TS stream
where mplayer couldn't find any video.

I am a little curious about the non-0 video pid services on QAM256.
It seems odd that of ~315 services, all have vidoe pid 0 except for 7.
This is just a WAG, but I'm wondering if the QAM256 services aren't
the local channels with the non-0 video pids being the extra streams
that some stations broadcast.  The total number of services would be
about right for this area.

David Engel
gigem at comcast.net