[linux-dvb] Re: Fusion HDTV 5

David Engel gigem at comcast.net
Tue Aug 16 18:02:30 CEST 2005

On Tue, Aug 16, 2005 at 10:57:08AM -0400, Michael Krufky wrote:
> David, You must have missed the email that Mac sent rather recently,

I saw it after I sent mine.

> cable channels... I have discovered that this content is actually an
> ON-DEMAND session being watched by someone that must live somewhere
> nearby.  I have even noticed the stream pause and rewind sometimes.  It
> is possible that this is what you are seeing on these other channels.

That could explain why I wasn't able to capture a little bit later on
a service that had just worked.  One of the captures was of closing

> >I'm not terribly optimistic, but I guess this warrants a more thorough
> >examination of every service I can detect.
> >
> Be optimistic... The driver is working for you.  The only problem is

Oh, I am optimistic the card and driver are working.  What I'm not
optimistic about is my first choice for the Fusion card to record
digital cable without needing an STB.

David Engel
gigem at comcast.net