[linux-dvb] Re: Fusion HDTV 5

David Engel gigem at comcast.net
Tue Aug 16 18:02:30 CEST 2005

On Tue, Aug 16, 2005 at 10:57:08AM -0400, Michael Krufky wrote:
> David, You must have missed the email that Mac sent rather recently,

I saw it after I sent mine.

> cable channels... I have discovered that this content is actually an
> ON-DEMAND session being watched by someone that must live somewhere
> nearby.  I have even noticed the stream pause and rewind sometimes.  It
> is possible that this is what you are seeing on these other channels.

That could explain why I wasn't able to capture a little bit later on
a service that had just worked.  One of the captures was of closing
credits.

> >I'm not terribly optimistic, but I guess this warrants a more thorough
> >examination of every service I can detect.
> >
> Be optimistic... The driver is working for you.  The only problem is

Oh, I am optimistic the card and driver are working.  What I'm not
optimistic about is my first choice for the Fusion card to record
digital cable without needing an STB.

David
--
David Engel