[linux-dvb] problems whith mt352 and saa7134

Michael Krufky mkrufky at m1k.net
Sat Aug 27 16:08:30 CEST 2005

tim0m1a wrote:
> As I've searched for the mistake in my configuration of my Pinnacle
> 300i  for over two weeks, I don't know where to search anymore.
> I am using the 2.6.12-gentoo-r9 kernel, but I've tried also the
> vanilla-kernels 2.6.12.3 and 2.6.12.5. According my
> /var/log/messages-file  the tuner and the card are properly detected and
> installed:

I know that there is a bug fix for mt352 in dvb-kernel cvs, and there
have also been various fixes for saa7134 stuff in video4linux cvs.  I
don't know if these are the fixes that will address your issue, but why
dont you try again using the latest drivers from both subsystem trees?
I have created these tree-merging scripts, that allow you to compile the
latest frontend drivers into the most recent v4l cvs.

Try following the tree-merging instructions, located here (you can
probably start at step 3) :

http://linuxtv.org/v4lwiki/index.php/How_to_build_from_CVS

Let us know if you are still having problems after this.
--
Michael Krufky