[linux-dvb] Nexus-s maximum download speed 8/10 Kb sec

Johannes Stezenbach js at linuxtv.org
Mon Aug 29 01:10:03 CEST 2005

On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 metgorna wrote:
> I recently installed a Nexus-s card on my pc after using Technisat Skystar2
> for about an year.
> I have an AliceSat (NetSystem) satellite-internet provider contract.
> With my previous card I had download speed of about 70/80 Kb sec.
> I used it with both windows and linux and had same speed.
> Now , with Nexus-s, I have 8/10 Kb sec. speed maximum...
> I contacted my provider and request changing my MAC address settings for
> transmission but not solved the problem....
> I can't figure out what's wrong!

The Nexus-S card has bandwidth limitations. By default the driver
uses software section filters, which means that all data on the
PID used by sat-internet has to be passed to the PC, where it is
filtered. You could try the hw_sections=1 parameter of dvb-ttpci,
the the filtering is done on the card.

If that doesn't help you probably need to buy a different card ;-/

HTH,
Johannes