[linux-dvb] PCI multiple tuner cards?

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Mon Aug 29 21:11:33 CEST 2005

Are there any cards out there that have multiple independent
tuners on them?  I.e. a single card that will take 2 or 4 separate
RF feeds and be able to tune each one separately?

I ask because we'd like to be able to tune multiple transponders
from the same satellite (or, if using a fixed dish with multiple
LNB's pointed at separate satellites, multiple satellites)
simultaneously with different polarization, etc.

Putting multiple cards with a single tuner into a box is a
possibility, but...  There's a lot of empty real-estate on most
PCI boards that I've seen, so it shouldn't be too much trouble
to fit 2 (or even 4) receivers onto the same tuner board (and
the form factor of board we're using here only supports 2
PCI slots anyway).

Thanks,

-Philip