[linux-dvb] FIX: No recovery after lost lock

w-thiel at gmx.net w-thiel at gmx.net
Wed Aug 31 19:22:48 CEST 2005

On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 01:43:30PM +0200, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> No more people with SAT-equipment willing to test and/or comment
> on this?

I'm running 2.6.13 and yesterday's CVS.
I had the same problem (without the patch) yesterday with my SS2.6B.
Yesterday, I had problems when reception was bad: it locked again,
but no data was appearing, only a reload solved the problem.
Today, I tried to repeat the problem by simulating signal loss, but
everything was fine: data was coming fine again when the momentary
simulated signal loss was gone.
It seems to me, the problem only happens under some circumstances
with some somehow strangely broken streams.
As I cannot reliably produce this data loss, I cannot comment on the
patch either.

I did _not_ use vdr for these tests.

Wolfgang