[linux-dvb] DVB on Debian: creating video devices,
a_n_d_y_bell at hotmail.co.uk
Tue Dec 6 19:09:06 CET 2005
I'm tearing my hair out trying to get my new-model WinTV Nova-t card set up
Debian testing. After countless Google searches and much frustration,
I'm posting here...
1. lspci turns up my PCI connexant chip ok.
2. DVB is compiled as a module in my 2.6.12 kernel; modprobe dvb_core,
modprobe budget_core etc. run without complaint.
3. I don't have /dev/video0 etc. Running as root
cd /dev; ./MAKEDEV video
seems to have no effect - no errors produced, but no devices created
4. I have apt-get install'ed all the packages with dvb in the title, in
5. Running scan [options] produces an error about not having /dev/video0
6. I tried downloading the latest cvs DVB thing from Linuxtv (but I
half suspect this is only for pre-2.6.10 kernels, which don't have DVB
drivers built in, no?). As stated in the INSTALL file, I have
/lib/modules/$(KERNEL_VERSION)/build pointing to the kernel sources
that I last built. But running make produces
Makefile:102: /lib/modules/2.6.12/build/Rules.make: No such file or
Are you using the latest version of MSN Messenger? Download MSN Messenger
7.5 today! http://messenger.msn.co.uk
More information about the linux-dvb