[linux-dvb] Updates of scan files for Sydney, Australia

Hartmut Hackmann hartmut.hackmann at t-online.de
Wed Dec 7 23:25:39 CET 2005

Hi,

Nigel Pearson wrote:
>>> Note that I have not checked the FEC or guard,
>>> but most clents won't care?
>>

>> It might be better to use AUTO if you don't know for sure.
>> Some drivers might otherwise disable auto detection.
>>
>> Johannes
>

>     OK. Is there any reason not to set everything
> (except bandwidth and frequency) to auto?
> Is that any slower for the drivers to get a lock?
> If not, then we might as well auto everything!

It depends on the channel decoder and their drivers.
There are decoders that ignore the parameters, but
there are also some early decoders that can't determine
them automatically.
For the tda10046, you can have both automatic and manual.
Locking goes slower with auto parameters.

Best regards
    Hartmut