[linux-dvb] How do I use FE_DISEQC_SEND_MASTER_CMD and FE_SET_FRONTEND correctly?

Reinhard Nissl rnissl at gmx.de
Sun Dec 11 13:46:21 CET 2005

Hi,

Johannes Stezenbach wrote:

> IMHO this too short. I've seen cards lock on a signal after some seconds
> of zig-zag. If you restart tuning every .5s it might never get a lock.

I've checked my TechniSat receiver: the time between two DiSEqC messages
  is about 1000 ms. I've changed my VDR patch accordingly and didn't see
any tuning timeouts so far (i. e. the tuner got a lock within 1000 ms).

Maybe it would be a good idea to have an ioctl() for the frontend to
continue it's current tuning operation after a DiSEqC message.

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl at gmx.de