[linux-dvb] Teletext on DVB-T

Gerd Knorr kraxel at bytesex.org
Wed Feb 16 16:33:03 CET 2005

Ivor Hewitt <ivor at ivor.org> writes:

> I thought mtt was for viewing the 'analogue-mode' text-mode teletext
> pages? I didn't think any of these were transmitted in the UK DVB-T
> stream apart from the page 888 subtitles.

Don't know what they do in UK, but here in Germany the very same
teletext pages transmitted over analog tv in the vertical blank
interval are also transmitted over DVB, as "private data" stream.

mtt in xawtv 3.x handles the analog tv only,
mtt in xawtv 4.x snapshots handles both analog and dvb.

  Gerd

--
#define printk(args...) fprintf(stderr, ## args)