[linux-dvb] dvr device reading hangs

Krzysztof Matula km at km.apnet.pl
Thu Feb 17 19:24:51 CET 2005

SkyStar2, kernel: 2.6.10-1.760_FC3

I'm waiting for the dvr fd with select, and then if FD_ISSET I issue a
read() call to it. Usually it works perfectly well, but sometimes,
especially when other thread is performing multiple repeated tunings on
the forntend the read() blocks infinitely until the process is killed...

I've observed similar behaviour on previous Fedora kernels (starting
with the 2.4 ones). The difference is that it was necessary to
rmmod/modprobe the skystar modules then, and now usually helps when only
the process is restarted.

Can I enable any debug messages to investigate the problem further? I
can reproduce it easily...

KM