[linux-dvb] Problem in tuning with dvbtune

George Xylouris xilouris at iit.demokritos.gr
Fri Feb 18 16:06:10 CET 2005

On Friday 18 February 2005 14:29, Nico Sabbi wrote:
> George Xylouris wrote:
> >Thank you very much for your quick reply !!! I patched the cvs run make
> > etc and finally everything worked. I managed to tune and get the SI ....
> >
> >i guess you will fix all the other dvbtools (dvbstream, dvbnet etc). If
> > commit those changes please send me an email ...
> >

> >Thanks again for your most valuable support :-)
>
> I'll fix dvbstream and dvbtune, at least, maybe dvbnet. Can you tell me
> which transponder transmits on L-band,
> and some frequencies used? Is there a reference site?
>
>     Nico

Usually L-Band is used in local loop right after the modulator in frequencies
in the range of 950 to 2200 MHz.

All the LNBs receive at C,Ka, Ku bands and downconvert the signal at the
L-Band ... soo if you have a signal at L-Band you can split it and direct it
at multiple cards ....or receivers

I don't know any transporter that operates in L-Band. In my lab i just take
the L-Band right from the output of my modulator and i connect it to my PCI
DVB-S card ...

I think that's all I know ....

Thank you again for you support.

George Xilouris