[linux-dvb] TV-Out card recommendation

Rodd Snook linuxdvb at snookums.port5.com
Tue Feb 22 01:39:39 CET 2005

Simon Baxter wrote:

> Thanks.
> It looks like this card is an AGP, not PCI?

> Is it possible to get a 'good' watchable TV picture with a PCI TV-out
> card? Do I have to re-wire a VGA card, or is there a simple
> out-of-the-box solution?
I don't know about the quality of the TV output, or the Linux
compatibility, but you can certainly get Radeon and GeForce cards with
TV-out in PCI versions.
For example here (Australian retailer):

Any card which advertises TV-out with composite output should be a
fairly simple plug-and-play operation with any normal TV (once you get X
or framebuffer or whataver set up)