[linux-dvb] Watching/saving encrypted channels

w-thiel at gmx.net w-thiel at gmx.net
Mon Feb 28 21:20:23 CET 2005

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 09:10:46PM +0200, Kimmo Mustonen wrote:

> I'm trying to watch encrypted channels. Unfortunately I only have a budget
> card without a CI. Is it possible to use a smart card reader and Hauppauge
> WinTV Nova-T DVB-T PCI card to see encrypted channels, using any software
> decoder that interacts with the smart card? Even saving the encrypted
> stream and then later decrypting it using the software accessing the smart
> card would be acceptable.

I think you asked your question in the wrong list.

Yes, I think it is possible, especially for conax, but read the contract
with your pay-tv provider first: it might be(well: most probably will be)
illegal.

If it _is_ legal, you might find something on google with "vdr-sc".
(Just a guess, I have not tried it myself).

Wolfgang