[linux-dvb] TechniSat Skystar 1 CI (Twinhan clone) ca_zap notworking

Dominique Dumont domi.dumont at free.fr
Tue Jul 5 17:57:24 CEST 2005

Manu Abraham <manu at kromtek.com> writes:

>> is a CAM support in latest versions. It is not working with Twinhan
>> because (as I understand) VLC uses different API (low-level?) but
>> all needed information is already prepared.
>
> Reversing the processed information might be a herculean task, so i
> would say that a write from scratch to create a CA_PMT object is the
> best ..

I guess that VLC creates a CA_PMT messages (i.e. an APDU) which is
encapsulated in a SPDU (session level) which is encapsulated in a TPDU
(transport level) and sent to the CAM.

To support High level CI, you'll have to plug something in VLC to send
the CA_PMT before the encapsulation done at session level.

HTH