[linux-dvb] Reading uncompressed video/audio from FF cards?

Johannes Stezenbach js at linuxtv.org
Tue Jul 5 23:51:46 CEST 2005

Nico Sabbi wrote:
> is it possible to read uncompressed video and audio from full featured
> cards?
> The software for windows shows video both on the pc and on the TV at the
> same time,
> so I wonder if the current linuxtv api  permits nice games like that.

I don't know the hardware in detail, so I could be wrong, but
the av7110 has both an analog and digital video output.
analog output goes to the TV, digital is connected to
the saa7146 video scaler and PCI bridge, which is controlled
via v4l/v4l2 API. For audio no such connection exists, so
you can just get compressed (mpeg) or analog audio.

HTH,
Johannes