[linux-dvb] iVOGUE DVB20 USB box?

John Dalgliesh johnd at defyne.org
Mon Jul 11 18:00:45 CEST 2005

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005, Patrick Boettcher wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Jul 2005, Georg Sassen wrote:
>
> > So, I don't know how they count in the Windows world, but the i2c address
> > seems to be indeed different ;)
>
> (194 >> 1) == 0x61
> (192 >> 1) == 0x60
>
> I asked my contact from HanfTek if he knows the difference between type
> 5 and 6
>
> > Well, this would only be a problem if I wanted the device to run on my G3
> > iBook, but then again I'd have to make it run under MacOS first ;)

And you'd have to figure out how to access the MPEG-2 acceleration unless
it's a quick G3...  (http://www.defyne.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=438)

> There are MacOS DVB drivers, http://www.defyne.org/dvb/. But afaik no
> driver for the dibusb (and related) drivers.

No dibusb yet, 'tho I've promised to about 5 different people that I'll do
them RSN :)  ... probably only high speed / no filters however, so you'd
still have to do some work yourself.