[linux-dvb] Newbie question about DVB to TS/PS stream

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at email.it
Fri Jul 15 14:40:57 CEST 2005

Andy Duplain wrote:

> Hi, I am writing a DVB application to record streams from my DVB-T
> card to TS/PS files using the Linux DVB API version 3, and I would
> like some pointers on what specs/docs I should be reading in order to
> find how to transcode the DVB stream from dvb0 to a TS/PS file.  I
> have looked at the dvbstream sources, but they are a little hard to
> follow and I would rather understand the stream format than blindly
> use someone else's code (unless a library is available that does this
> for me).
> Appologies is this is covered elsewhere, but I couldn't find it.

dvbstream doesn't do any transformation, except the ts2ps one (from
libdvb) that is old
and that you should never use.
If you search on google some draft of ISO 13818-1 you will find all the
informations you need.

Mencoder, TCVP and Vlc can already remux from TS to PS, so you can
integrate the theory
with working sources.

 In cambio di 10 minuti del tuo tempo per esprimere la tua opinione,

* Shopmon dona 1 Euro ai progetti di solidarietà di AMREF ed UNICEF

 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=3669&d=15-7