[linux-dvb] Newbie question about DVB to TS/PS stream

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at email.it
Fri Jul 15 15:46:41 CEST 2005

Bruce Janson wrote:

>    From linux-dvb-bounces at linuxtv.org Fri Jul 15 22:42:30 2005
>    Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 14:40:57 +0200
>    From: Nico Sabbi <nsabbi at email.it>
>    To: Andy Duplain <andy at trojanfoe.servebeer.com>
>    Cc: linux-dvb at linuxtv.org
>    dvbstream doesn't do any transformation, except the ts2ps one (from
>    libdvb) that is old
>    and that you should never use.
>
>Hi Nico,
>    That's an interesting statement.  I have been using that
>transformation in dvbstream for a year or two now, 24 hours a
>day on five DVB-T receivers at once.  Would you mind saying
>why it should never be used?

because it doesn't make any sense to remux to plain PS:
you lose all the tables present in TS; remuxing has a sense
if you want to save the stream as dvd or [s]vcd, something that
dvbstream -ps
doesn't do; in all other cases you had better keep the original stream.

Additionally that code is based on a _very_ old version of dvb-mplex,
that at the time
could introduce some bugs that sometimes I experienced, although at the
moment
I don't remember which (it was at least 3 years ago).

 Sponsor:

 Solo su Occhialeria.it una vastissima scelta a prezzi insuperabili!

* Per te le migliori marche e un incredibile assortimento.

 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=880&d=15-7