[linux-dvb] Re: some libdvbcfg wishes, preset format

Andrew de Quincey adq_dvb at lidskialf.net
Sun Jul 17 14:18:44 CEST 2005

Hi, I've updated the multiplexes file format to what was discussed recently.

At Kenneth's suggestion I've supported two styles of delivery lines - long and
short.

Long is the full human readable string version that we originally had. Short
is the integer-only format we came up with more recently.. The idea being
that long would be used for human maintained files (e.g. seed files), but
short for machine maintained files in order to save space.

The library will autodetect which format is being used in a file. You choose
which format should be output with the long_delivery parameter when you call
dvbcfg_multiplex_backend_file_create().