[linux-dvb] An old chestnut... PWM setting on VES1820

Gavin Hamill gdh at acentral.co.uk
Thu Jul 28 20:36:54 CEST 2005

I've just got a replacement Siemens DVB-C for the one that Royal Mail managed
to lose (grr, don't get me started...) and the replacement is very slow at
tuning...

I have to specify dvb_override_tune_delay=15000 to dvb-core :(

dmesg shows "ves1820: AFC (-10) 67890Hz" - given that the pwc module parameter
was removed, what is the procedure for altering this value? I could tweak VDR
to always tune 68kHz lower than it should, but this feels really clumsy...

I remember on this list someone suggested a /proc interface, but I can find
nothing useful in there - if it's easy to twiddle the source code to hardcode
a value, I'm happy to do that, too =)

Google has not been my friend in this instance. :(

Cheers,
Gavin.