[linux-dvb] Re: Getting Kernel 2.6.13-rc3 and CVS DVB drivers to work with SuSE 9.3

André Weidemann Andre.Weidemann at web.de
Fri Jul 29 11:22:48 CEST 2005

Lucian Muresan wrote:

> Does anyone have a cleaner solution to this, or know why it's not
> possible to straight-forward compile and load the dvb-kernel from CVS
> with a >= 2.6.13-rc3 kernel configured without it's own dvb drivers?

For me the drivers worked "out of the box". I downloaded the latest CVS
drivers and the kernel(2.6.13-rc3).
Inside the drivers dir I did "makelinks <kernel sourcedir>". I then
configured the kernel via "make menuconfig". After compiling the kernel
and installing it, the new card was working.
I think I simply loaded the modules with "modprobe budget-ci"

  André.