[linux-dvb] Re: Getting Kernel 2.6.13-rc3 and CVS DVB drivers to work with SuSE 9.3

Joerg Knitter joerg.knitter at gmx.de
Fri Jul 29 11:52:57 CEST 2005

André Weidemann wrote:
>> Does anyone have a cleaner solution to this, or know why it's not
>> possible to straight-forward compile and load the dvb-kernel from CVS
>> with a >= 2.6.13-rc3 kernel configured without it's own dvb drivers?
>

> For me the drivers worked "out of the box". I downloaded the latest CVS
> drivers and the kernel(2.6.13-rc3).
> Inside the drivers dir I did "makelinks <kernel sourcedir>". I then
> configured the kernel via "make menuconfig". After compiling the kernel
> and installing it, the new card was working.
> I think I simply loaded the modules with "modprobe budget-ci"

Unfortunately, with kernel 2.6.13-rc3 the Nova-T New Revision seems to
have been detected (modules like cx8800 and cx88xx were loaded), but VDR
did not find this card. Additionally, the USB devices (Nova-T-USB2 and
Cinergy T2 which normally works out-of-the-box even with Kernel 2.6.11)
were not detected. That´s why I tried it with the CVS version.

It really seems to be a basic problem with DVB drivers but I don´t know
how to fix it. :(

With kind regards

Joerg Knitter