[linux-dvb] bt878(0): IRQ lockup, cleared int mask

Ilkka Pirskanen ilkka.pirskanen at kolumbus.fi
Sun Jul 31 15:18:37 CEST 2005

>>On Sunday 31 July 2005 00:03, Matt wrote:
>>
>> I had exactly the same problem with a avermedia 771 with the same
>> front end. The way I fixed it was to edit
>> drivers/media/dvb/bt8xx/bt878.c on line 330 changing 20 to 120, this
>> number I think is the number of errors a device can handle before
>> giving up, a better solution would be to attempt to restart the stream
rather than simply stopping it.

>So this makes the card last longer before dying, but it still dies after
120 errors. I suppose I could just comment out that section of code
completely, >but there's still something causing this problem and it would
be much better to track it down and fix it rather than just hide it.

>Thanks to everyone for their help so far, David.

Thank you very much David for taking up the task of providing mt352 support
in dvb-bt8xx. As the card works without problem on Windows XP, there
probably cannot be any fundamental hardware conflict? It must be some kind
of Linux kernel interoperability problem?

Ilkka