[linux-dvb] Newbie question: how to get initial frequency file data?

Patrick Boettcher patrick.boettcher at desy.de
Wed Jun 1 10:37:10 CEST 2005

On Tue, 31 May 2005, Tiger Degraw wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a *very* newbie question about how to get the
> frequency data needed for the input to scan. I'm
> looking for terrestrial data, and while I see the
> files in dvb-t, none of them are for my corner of the
> world (Seattle, in the U.S.). I've also looked at
> antennaweb.org, and while I see the frequency data
> there, I don't see anything about FEC or the rest of
> the parameters that go into the file. Where should I
> be looking for the information to set up my file?

Please use dvb-apps from CVS:

http://www.linuxtv.org/cvs

run 'make' inside dvb-apps

and you'll find a atscscan utility in util/scan/. Furthermore there is a
generic, complete atsc-frequency-table you could use in util/scan/atsc.

A complete command line for you would look like this:

cd util/scan
./atscscan atsc/us-ATSC-center-frequencies-8VSB

Good luck,
Patrick.

   Mail: patrick.boettcher at desy.de