[linux-dvb] Lost lock problems over extended periods of time

Andrew de Quincey adq_dvb at lidskialf.net
Thu Jun 9 03:07:46 CEST 2005

> Maybe some dried up electrolytic capacitor making it
> senstive to small power drop outs, like in:
> http://defiant.wavecon.de/~alex/dvbbug/dvbbug.html

Yeah - it definitely sounds something very like that! Although it is happening
at a new install - new servers, new cards etc, but I do think it is something
power related.

I'm thinking of cleaning up my patch and comitting it to CVS... I can warn
that the power supply is likely a bit iffy if it finds it needs it. Of course
it is not ideal as there will be some packet loss, but _some_ explanation is
better than nothing.

BTW: on an unrelated note, I'm hard at work on an s5h1420 frontend driver here
if anyone is interested - for the Hauppauge Nova S SE cards.