[linux-dvb] [patch] dvb-bt8xx cleanup

Kenneth Aafløy lists at kenneth.aafloy.net
Fri Mar 11 20:20:51 CET 2005

On Friday 11 March 2005 19:46, Manu Abraham wrote:
> It looks okay.. But are you sure you want to make the transition from
> dvb-bt8xx to bt878 straight away, or can can you hold back a while till
> dominique finshes testing..
>
> If you think it does not break anything.. maybe better i will send you a
> tarball of what i am working on, maybe you will get a better idea of
> what i was working on ..
>
> I think your patch doesn't break anything, but it would be better if you
> can hold back a while, such that things are not in a hanging state. The
> reason is that the hardware is really a mess and indentify what exactly
> is the problem is extremely difficult ..
>
> What i woud suggest is if you can wait a while , till this state of
> uncertainty is over, that would be nice, and quite helpful for the
> people who do test it out .. I had cases where a sleep for a jiffie had
> problems.. damn. These kind of problems are visible with CI modules..

From the looks of the difference between the tarball you sent me,
there are a huge amount of whitespace changes in cvs compared to
your files. Make sure you don't import those back into cvs.

Other than that there is the orxxxx driver changes, which you have
not exported to your sources yet, so I would say that bt878* and
dvb-bt8xx* is safe to work on, now that you have imported the only
changes required to bt878* and dvb-bt8xx*.

Kenneth