[linux-dvb] dvb/s doesn't understand how to decode mpga/384kb?

Johannes Stezenbach js at linuxtv.org
Sun Mar 13 22:43:55 CET 2005

On Sat, Mar 12, 2005 at 03:36:59PM -0500, Jeremy Hall wrote:
> I've got a signal here that near as I can tell the audio decoder refuses to decode mpeg-1
> layer 2 at 384kb/s (stereo)

I assume with "dvb/s" you mean a av7110 based card?

The av7110 docs says:
"- Decodes MPEG audio layers I and II
 - Supports all MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 data rates and sampling frequencies"

It's not a driver issue, the driver doesn't look at the audio data.
If the av7110 doesn't decode it there's nothing we can do about it.

Are you sure your stream is valid?

Johannes