[linux-dvb] Encrypted UK Freeview channels

Soyeb Aswat soyeb at btinternet.com
Mon Mar 14 13:00:50 CET 2005

Hi Matthew,

> I saw your post re encrypted Freeview channels. I have an Avermedia
> 771 DVB-T card under Fedora. Is a 'CAM' something I can plug in in
> addition to the AverMedia ? Or does it require a 'ACM' enabled DVB
> card in the first place ?

I don't believe there's a CAM/CI module available for the AverMedia
card.

One other subscriber wrote to me to say that he has been using TopUp TV
for the last three months on his TechnoTrend card which does have a CI
module.

Another suggestion made was to use an external card reader like a
SmartMouse, but I dunno if anyone has done that successfully yet.

Regards,

Soyeb