[linux-dvb] Hauppauge Nexus-S v2.3

Oliver Endriss o.endriss at gmx.de
Mon Mar 14 23:11:17 CET 2005

Gregor Kroesen wrote:
> Oliver Endriss wrote:
> > May I assume that 0x10 is the I2C address?
> yes , it is.

I've committed basic support for the Nexus 2.3 to the CVS:
- subsystem id
- alps_bsbe1 inittab
- alps_bsbe1_pll_set
- lnbp21 voltage switching [*]
- lnb current limited to 550mA (for now)

[*] Assuming that the LNBP21 is at I2C address 0x10.

Unfortunately, I have no hardware to test.

I still need more information:

> > [1] Did you check the specs of your card whether it can supply
> >     550mA or 650 mA current at the LNB input?
> >     If there is no information, it might be better to limit the current
> >     to 550mA. -> Set bit 6.
> >
> > [2] Could someone please tell me whether DSQIN or EXTM are used on the
> >     Nexus 2.3? On the older cards DiSEqC was done by the av7111.

Please test. All low band channels should work now.

VDR Remote Plugin available at