[linux-dvb] Re: mt352_write
lists at kenneth.aafloy.net
Sat Mar 19 18:16:00 CET 2005
On Saturday 19 March 2005 17:37, Patrick Boettcher wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Mar 2005, Kenneth Aafløy wrote:
> > While doing cleanups for the mt352 frontend to remove that ugly mt352_write
> > function, converting it to single register writereg style, I found what
> > appears to be a copy/paste bug in dvb-bt8xx.c, which I have now fixed to
> > contain the correct register as per the datasheet.
> I once introduced this ugly write, because the dibusb-device which uses
> the mt352 is only able to write one reg at a time.
> At that time some suggested to place it in dibusb instead of mt352, I
> ignored that, but now I know this is the right way to go.
> Did you already commit the change? Because I then have to change dibusb
I have not gotten around to committing it yet, and I'm not sure I get why
dibusb has to be changed either. I've attached the patch for mt352* so
you can have a look at it.
It has the following cleanups:
- remove casting of void*
- remove status values from state
- rename mt352_single_write to mt352_writeregI
- rename mt352_read_register to mt352_readregI
- use state as parameter to mt352_writeregI
- convert all i2c reads|writes to use mt352_(read|write)regI
- add mt352_(read|write)reg which is exported and takes frontend *
- use -EREMOTEIO not -EIO for i2c errors
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 12279 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/attachments/20050319/ad224c71/mt352.bin
More information about the linux-dvb