[linux-dvb] Patch management (was: dvb-kernel CVS and 2.6.12-r1)

Kenneth Aafløy lists at kenneth.aafloy.net
Wed Mar 23 21:37:22 CET 2005

On Sunday 20 March 2005 18:51, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> Grégoire Favre wrote:
> > compilation ends with :
> >
> >   CC [M]  drivers/media/common/saa7146_video.o
> >   drivers/media/common/saa7146_video.c: In function
> >   `saa7146_video_do_ioctl':
> >   drivers/media/common/saa7146_video.c:892: error: structure has no
> >   member named `slot_name'
>
> So maybe it's now time to apply the patch that C.Y.M posted
> to the list a while ago? Or should we wait for 2.6.12?

I'm thinking waiting for your downstream sync of the dvb-kernel tree should
be in before changes made in it are synced back, make sense?

I'm wondering tho, can large cleanups that risc the driver stability be
committed now, since the test-time in the dvb-kernel tree will be maximized
before the next sync downstream?

Happy hollydays,
Kenneth