[linux-dvb] Weird initialisation time of SCM Red Viaccess CAM with Twinhan cards (!?)

Chris Warren dvb at ixalon.net
Thu Mar 24 17:41:10 CET 2005

Hi,

I don't know if this is a related problem as I don't use a Viaccess CAM but
I have the exact same symptoms as you with a Matrix CAM. I use it on a
Siemens/Fijitsu DVB-C FF card alongside a Nagra subs card and VDR.

It takes rougly 4s for the CAM to initialize before the application info can
be returned, often resulting in VDR displaying read errors from the CAM
during this period. I don't have this problem under WinXP (where it
initalises within a second.)

Chris