[linux-dvb] Re: Some problems with nova-t

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at tiscali.it
Mon Mar 28 21:31:04 CEST 2005

>I have a nova-t with conexant chipset. With kernel 2.6.10 and 2.6.10-3 patch from http://dl.bytesex.org/patches/ the card works pretty good with xine.
>I tried also xawtv but I can't tune some channels that, instead, works fine with xine.
>dvbstream and mplayer doesn't work.

the difference between dvbstream/mplayer and other software is that the formers exit the tuning proceduce
if any of the ioctl() fails.
If you run mplayer -v -v dvb://TV_station and send me the log I will look into it.
You could disable those checks in libmpdemux/dvb_tune.c and report which one fails.
I suspect that at least one of the ioctl()s reports wrong results, and indication of buggy drivers.

>And also with xine I have some problems: I cannot switch channel from the gui, but I have to stop xine and re-tune from console, i.e. explicity tell to xine the channel I want to see.

more bugs...