[linux-dvb] Twinhan experimental branch

Frederic CAND frederic.cand at anevia.com
Thu Mar 31 14:59:57 CEST 2005

Thomas Knauer wrote:
> Hi Johannes,
>
> js at linuxtv.org (Johannes Stezenbach) writes:
>

>>What's the last line of output from the boot messages?
>

> There's no boot message, no kernel log etc.
>
> I disabled the modules being loaded directly at boot time to find
> out what happens, but there's no output either.
>

>>Specifically, does it crash when loading bttv or dvb-bt8xx?
>

> It crashes while loading bttv (card=0x71)
>

>>And, more important, does the problem still exist in 2.6.12-rc1-bk3?
>

> Unfortunately, the problem still exists in 2.6.12-rc1-bk3. :-(

Ensure you do not use the latest video4linux snapshot, since it will
freeze your system as recent kernel drivers do. I'm using 2.6.9 kernel
release, with bttv kernel drivers, and it doesn't freeze anymore when
modprobing bttv. I think 2.6.10 and 2.6.11 kernel drivers do not freeze
the system but i have to check this. BTTV Kernel drivers above 2.6.11
seem to freeze the system ..
I'll try to see since which bttv driver version the system freezes when

CAND Frederic
EPITA GISTR 2005
ANEVIA