[linux-dvb] Possible patch for CAM/CI issues

Marco Coli marco.coli at hi-cad.it
Mon Nov 7 19:31:53 CET 2005

Georg Acher wrote:

> The signal integrity of some CAMs is quite bad. The have slow and and
> irregular rise and fall times for the clock, with varying setup/hold times
> for the data. This can lead to data corruption on the receiving side of the
> CI slot. AFAIK the Matrix cam was one of the worst I've seen. I can't
> imagine how one create such an "analog" clock signal from a digital
> source...

I am sorry to hear that... Unfortunately for me, I can't consider a cam
change, because Matrix and Dragon, as far as I know, are the only ones
which can be programmed for NDS-Videoguard for sky italy.

> In short: There is so much badly designed crap in the CAM market. It is
> a wonder that at least some CAM/receiver combinations work...

But in all receiver I tried, my cam worked well, except for my nova card :-(

Do yiu think, like Andrew suggested, that using a full featured card
(like the nexus-S one) could be a solution?

Marco Coli