[linux-dvb] Install WinTV Nova-S-Plus

Michael Krufky mkrufky at m1k.net
Mon Nov 14 22:21:51 CET 2005

Romain DEGEZ wrote:

>Michael Krufky wrote:
>

>>You have to apply the dvb patch, then the attached v4l patch against
>>v4l-kernel cvs, then use the instructions for merge-trees cvs build,
>>located at:
>>
>>http://linuxtv.org/v4lwiki/index.php/How_to_build_from_CVS
>>

>When following these instructions, the compilation failed looking for
>nxt200x.{c,h} files that are not in the stock 2.6.14.2 kernel. (download from
>kernel.org)
>This files seems to be very recent (added only in -git kernel tree) ?

Please, re-read those instructions in the wiki-howto above, especially
the portion that explains how to merge the cvs trees, AND my prior email
that explains that you are NOT to patch the kernel source, rather,
dvb-kernel cvs and v4l-kernel cvs, which DOES have all of the new
modules in it.

Cheers,

Michael Krufky