[linux-dvb] From Myth guys

Felix Domke tmbinc at elitedvb.net
Wed Nov 16 17:59:39 CET 2005

Marco Coli wrote:
> Hello.
> I recently opened a ticket about a problem with myth and dvb-S.
> After closing the ticket, one of the developer asked me to inform dvb
> people about the problem, that is dvb related. So I do.
> All the story is here:
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/662
Sorry, I can't follow that discussion.

First, a frontend *never* touches the data (except that it restores the
sync-byte, and might set the transport error indicator bit).

So this can't depend on the frontends.

Next, i'm using CRC filtering with a lot of frontends, including the
mentioned STV0299 and the Philips TDA10046H, and of course all tables
were ok. Beside we're using both of them in a commercial product (with
other drivers, though), and don't have any problems.

The pid 0x1ffb also looks strange.

please provide more information (for example, TS dumps) what exactly is
going wrong. But i'm very sure that this is nothing the frontend is in
charge for.

Felix