Broadcom 3510 was Re: [linux-dvb] Question regarding Air2PC r3 (Nxt2002 based)...answer may have implications for Nxt200x driver

Patrick Boettcher patrick.boettcher at
Tue Nov 29 09:29:47 CET 2005

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005, CityK wrote:
>>> If so, from what I've heard, it only works with 8VSB -- NOT QAM signals.
>>> Patrick told me that, and that is why I didnt buy it on ebay.  $49.95
>>> buy-it-now!
>> No, that was the r2 card, based on the Broadcom 3510.
>> For more information regarding some confusion about the Air2PC see:
>> Anyways, the r3 does demodulate QAM -- you can read about some user
>> experiences here:
> In regards to the Broadcom 3510 based Air2PC r0.2 card still selling on ebay,
> it appears from the Broadcom product brief
> ( ) that it should be
> able to handle demodulation of a QAM source.  Anyone know of any show
> stoppers that might prevent that from being realized? (Patrick?)

Maybe it is working with QAM64, I just tested it with QAM256 and there was
a unreasonable high error rate.

BBTI told me that there are some hardware problems (either in the demod or
in the tuner not being able to shift QAM-signals correctly to IF) which
prevent the device from being used with QAM.

best regards,

   Mail: patrick.boettcher at