[linux-dvb] DVB-T radio recording

Frank Breitling frank.breitling at gmx.de
Sun Oct 9 20:15:52 CEST 2005

Hello,

I have been trying to record a DVB-T radio program to an ogg file.
Unfortunately I did not find a way to do it without an intermediate file.

1st try:
--------
mencoder dvb://Fritz -o record -oac copy -ovc copy
.
:
NO VIDEO! AUDIO MPA(pid=402) NO SUBS (yet)!  PROGRAM N. 0
Opened TS demuxer, audio: 50(pid 402), video: ffffffff(pid -1)...POS=25944
Video stream is mandatory!

2nd try:
--------
 mkfifo fifo
 mplayer dvb://Fritz -dumpaudio -dumpfile fifo
 cat fifo |mpg321 -s - |oggenc -r - -o record.ogg
mpg321 produces a lot of noise and beeps during the mpg321 decompression which end up in the ogg file.
("xine stdin://mpeg2 < fifo" plays without any noise, but it doesn't help with encoding to an ogg file.)
(mpg321 -s fifo |oggenc -r - -o record.ogg causes mplayer to stop right after the first bytes are transmitted.)
Although the following works very well
  mplayer dvb://Fritz -dumpaudio -dumpfile record.mp2
  mpg321 -s record.mp2 |oggenc -r - -o record.ogg

3rd try:
--------
 tzap -r fritz; ffmpeg -i /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 record.ogg
ffmpeg does not start recording, although the following works very well
 tzap -r fritz; cat /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 > record.ts
 ffmpeg -i record.ts record.ogg

Does anybody know how to do this?
There should be a way.

Frank