[linux-dvb] SkyStar2 DVB-S and AirStar2 DVB-T in one system

nickelodeus-ml at xs4all.nl nickelodeus-ml at xs4all.nl
Tue Oct 18 18:02:43 CEST 2005

Howdy!

Recently, I've acquired a SkyStar2 DVB-S as well as an AirStar2 DVB-T.
Now I'm trying to get these two working on the same system.

When the SS2 is inserted, the drivers load normally and I'm able to scan
for and watch TV-channels using Kaffeine. When the AS2 is inserted, the
drivers seem to load normally. But, when I try to scan for channels with
Kaffeine, the SNR reads zero and I can't get a signal lock.

With both cards inserted, the drivers also seem to load normally. The
weird part here, is that Kaffeine reports two AS2's, both unable to get a
signal lock (where has my SS2 gone? ;))

Since I'm kind of a newbie on this topic and am seemingly unable to find
some pointers on the LinuxTV wiki and in earlier posts on this list, I
thought I'd try here :).

I'm running FC4 with a stock kernel (2.6.13-1.1526_FC4).

Greetings,

Nickelodeus