[linux-dvb] Signed-off-by:

Johannes Stezenbach js at linuxtv.org
Mon Oct 24 02:38:29 CEST 2005

Dear CVS comitters,

I added a check for the Signed-off-by: in dvb-kernel commit
messages to CVS. It uses the following pattern:

	grep -q ^Signed-off-by:

i.e. Signed-off-by: must be at the start of the line and
use exactly the case given. If you forget or mispell it
your commit will be rejected.

I hope this is useful, please tell me if you think it is just annoying.

Also, if you want to do a favor: If you commit a patch written by
someone else please make the *first* line of the patch read
"From: Random J Developer <random at developer.example.org>".
This is used by Linus' patch scripts to reflect the contributors
in the kernel changelog / git repository.
And please try to write the commit message in a way which makes
sense for the kernel changelog.

Thanks,
Johannes