[linux-dvb] Support for Technotrend DVB-C 1500

James Fisher jef2115 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 07:57:00 CEST 2005


Ok,

All up & running on 2.6.13-1.1532_FC4 after the following goctha's:

   - missing "bttv.h" header file - use the one from V4L and also
   commented out bttv parts from the "Makefile".
   - Changed "MAKEDEV.sh" to set the correct owner rights ("dev/dvb" was
   root.root, not root.video).

Now all working well.

James.

On 10/27/05, James Fisher <jef2115 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Cool.
>
> Just in the process of upgrading FC4 with the 2.6.13 kernel to work with
> the latest CVS tree, so I'll let you (all) know how it goes.
>
> James.
>
> On 10/25/05, Simo Kivimäki <simo.j.kivimaki at tut.fi> wrote:
> >
> > James Fisher wrote:
> > > I've just got hold of one of these as a replacement for my previous
> > > DVB-C card which is no longer available.
> > >
> > > Are the drivers for this board checked into CVS?
> >
> > There is driver for TT DVB-C 1500 but it has problmes with QAM128
> > signal. I have tried to increase timeouts and still tuning gets locked
> > only occasionally with my card. The kernel modules are budget-ci and
> > stv0297. I don't have access to non-QAM128 signals so I don't know how
> > they work.
> >
> > It would be nice to get that card working so what is the situation with
> > the driver development?
> >
> > I recently made some testing with stv0297_cs2 driver and used it with my
> > DVB-C 1500 card. With some changes it compiled as the driver for DVB-C
> > 1500 card and the budget-ci registers the frontend correctly.
> >
> > But it does not work. Of course that's not a surprise because the driver
> > is not made for the card.
> >
> > Here's dmesg debug messages for the cs2 driver used with TT:
> > spectrum inversion: off
> > symbolrate: 6900000, regval: 0000000000000000
> > initialized - waiting for the locks now
> > waiting for WBAGC lock
> > WBAGC has lock
> > waiting for equalizer 1 lock
> > timed out
> >
> > And that repeats.
> >
> > Changes that I made to get it 'work':
> > - Change the name to stv0297 (files and api functions)
> > - Added 'u8 invert:1' and 'u8* inittab' to struct stv0297_config in
> > header file.
> > - In function stv0297_readregsI changed the i2c_transfer to be done in
> > to parts.
> >
> > I'm not familiar with the kernel drivers nor stv0297 so I have no idea
> > for further modifications. I hope that some developer could try to solve
> > this problem in some way or give advice for me to debug it.
> >
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/attachments/20051027/e9dd8571/attachment.htm


More information about the linux-dvb mailing list