[linux-dvb] Nexus-s maximum download speed 8/10 Kb sec

metgorna metgorna at metgorna.com
Thu Sep 1 15:22:50 CEST 2005

I figured out that the problem is 15Mbit maximum data flow.
Datasheets talk about 15Mbit max for video transfert and 72.8Mbit max for data
transfert....?????????
How can I break 15Mbit wall????
I've found something about "budgetpatch"...
I've tried $ modprobe dvb-ttpci budgetpatch=2
It creates additional demux called demux1 and net1.
I've tried to use it with dvbnet -p1451 -n1
Used it as dvb0_1
I did ifconfig dvb0_0 and dvb0_1 up with different ip.
But nothing changes........
Is budgetpatch parameter useful for my card?
If it is...how can i use it?
I'm waiting for my new skystar2 arrives too... So if it doesn't work at all I
could use SS2. ;-)

Alle 01:10, lunedì 29 agosto 2005, Johannes Stezenbach ha scritto:
> On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 metgorna wrote:
> > I recently installed a Nexus-s card on my pc after using Technisat
> > Skystar2 for about an year.
> > I have an AliceSat (NetSystem) satellite-internet provider contract.
> > With my previous card I had download speed of about 70/80 Kb sec.
> > I used it with both windows and linux and had same speed.
> > Now , with Nexus-s, I have 8/10 Kb sec. speed maximum...
> > I contacted my provider and request changing my MAC address settings for
> > transmission but not solved the problem....
> > I can't figure out what's wrong!
>
> The Nexus-S card has bandwidth limitations. By default the driver
> uses software section filters, which means that all data on the
> PID used by sat-internet has to be passed to the PC, where it is
> filtered. You could try the hw_sections=1 parameter of dvb-ttpci,
> the the filtering is done on the card.
>
> If that doesn't help you probably need to buy a different card ;-/
>
> HTH,
> Johannes

Morte a tutti i fanatici!