[linux-dvb] Budget_ci driver not driving my Nova-T v909 remote!

Jon Burgess jburgess at uklinux.net
Sat Sep 3 21:52:55 CEST 2005

Stephen Kirkby wrote:
> - IR keyboard/mouse
> - EPIA drivers/bios (are there any settings here??)
> - kernel 2.6.9-r9 on gentoo

I would try unplugging and removing all the IR keyboard and mouse
hardware off into another room. Also make sure there isn't any direct
sunlight on the IR sensor. I think flourescent lights can also interfere
with IR.

I assume that the DVB video stream from the card is OK, so I think we
can rule out any interrupt problems with the card.

It might be worth trying a new kernel just in case, but it shouldn't be
a problem. I think i've been successfully using the IR with budget_ci
since before the 2.6.0 kernel was released.

	Jon