[linux-dvb] No /dev/dvb devices in FC4

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Sat Sep 10 11:14:42 CEST 2005

On Sat, Sep 10, 2005 at 04:23:40PM +1000, richardjones at optusnet.com.au wrote:
> I've just started from scratch installing Fedora Core 4 in my HTPC. I previously had FC3
> going in the box, but ... well, that's a story for another time.
>
> I can't figure why there's no /dev/dvb devices for my AvertTV 771 card. The bttv
> module loads just fine:

The main module is dvb-bt8xx. Please post the output of dmesg when
that module is loaded.

> and I can load the other modules mentioned in the AverMedia PDF (these lines are in my
> /etc/rc.local for want of a better place):
>
> modprobe mt352
> modprobe dvb-bt8xx

Not necessary - just load dvb-bt8xx and it will take care of the rest.

Some distributions had dud udev rules which meant that the /dev/dvb
devices didn't created properly. It's possible that it's working but you
simply have the wrong device names. Check for /etc/dvb0.dvr0 etc.

Hamish