[linux-dvb] DSMCC Decoder

Marek Pikarski mass at fischlustig.de
Fri Sep 23 02:18:57 CEST 2005

Hi!

Anderson Goulart wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am interested in build a dsmcc decoder beginning from libdsmcc. First
> I created an object carousel with dsmcc-mhp-tools [1] and using libdsmcc
> [2] I could process some sections. Until now I could decode simple DSMCC
> TS files with a few files encoded. Anyone is interested in a dsmcc
> decoder to work together or has any documentation to help me?

I think some people will be happy to have a DSMCC client reference
implementation, thats sure :)
Where do you want to start a project for that?

You can find some documentation inside the MHP specification which you
can download from
http://www.mhp.org/documents/Ts102812.V1.2.1.zip
Look into Annex B, there's nearly all required information about
Object Carousels and references to other documents.

> [1] http://freshmeat.net/projects/dsmcc-mhp-tools/

This is the encoder I wrote for MHP application broadcast.
The generator is not very configurable, but just good enough to start
with and good for testing ;)

> [2] http://freshmeat.net/projects/libdsmcc/

This URL is broken... I don't know how suitable it is for your
project, I don't know what functionality (TS and message parsing
would be sufficient) it does provide though.

I can help you with your project but have little time right now.
Cheers, Marek